24×7 L1 SOC Analyst / Cybersecurity Analyst
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for cybersecurity and technology, and be confident discussing issues directly with customers. As a member of our cybersecurity operations centre, the successful candidate will work with the team to monitor, analyse and respond to threats targeting Comtacts client base.
- Fielding of SOC & NOC alerts and incidents using our ticketing system.
- Assisting with the triage of incidents alongside others.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new customers into the NOC & SOC.
- Ensuring good maintenance of alerts and incidents logged within our platforms.
- Configuring of Cyber Security services and applications.
- Managing customer-facing tickets and calls.
- Building and maintaining a cybersecurity social media blog along with documentation.
- Researching new exploits and IOTs.
- Assisting with documentation and report building.
- Being a key member of the SOC and providing real-time threat analysis and detection.
Essential Skills & Experience:
Knowledge of Microsoft Sentinel - highly desirable
A passion for cybersecurity and enjoys solving problems
Knowledge of the security threat landscape
Strong attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role will be within the 24×7 team where you will take part in rotating day or night shifts on a 4-on 4-off shift pattern.
The HQ is in Milton Keynes in our newly refurbished offices, with great parking, a breakout space and an onsite deli and coffee shop. Milton Keynes has great transportation links with the fast line to London and up to Manchester and plenty of local amenities.
We strive to ensure that the office environment is a fun and productive place with plenty of social activities for the team. This role would require regular visits to Milton Keynes but will also offer home working.