Penetration testing is the safest way of finding out how well your security protocols protect your system. Ethical hackers (Pentesters) expose the weaknesses in your security, giving you the heads up on what needs to be done to reduce your level of risk.
Penetration Testing forms a vital part of any ongoing cyber assessment and vulnerability management programme.
Penetration testing can be broken down into multiple phases. What happens in each phase will vary depending on the type of organisation as well as the type of tests conducted, but the methodology is basically the same.
- Questions to ask your pen-test provider
- On-demand webinar: How to develop security vulnerability management programmes
- Pen-tester tales: Password are a security weak spot
- The difference between a Vulnerability Scan and a Penetration test
- A buyers guide to penetration testing services
About Comtact Ltd.
Comtact Ltd. is a government-approved Cyber Security and IT Managed Service Provider, supporting clients 24/7 from our ISO27001-accredited UK Security Operations Centre (SOC).
Located at the heart of a high security, controlled-access Tier 3 data centre, Comtact’s state-of-the-art UK Cyber Defence Centre (SOC) targets, hunts & disrupts hacker behaviour, as part of a multi-layered security defence, to help secure some of the UK’s leading organisations.