Comtact offers a range of solutions to make enterprise-grade privileged access management (PAM) accessible for all businesses by eliminating the need for complex security tools and prioritising productivity, flexibility and control.
We bolster your security through enforcing “least-privilege” access rights.
Privileged accounts are the keys to the kingdom. Our eBook explains privileged accounts in detail and how to protect them.
Multiple users often need to share a unique account with privileged access for administrative tasks. As these accounts are not individualised, many organisations share the root password with all IT administrators – this is dangerous. A shared password also makes it challenging to know who did what and when, so every IT administrator becomes a suspect when there is a breach.
PAM leverages an intermediate vault to secure shared accounts with super-user privileges with a secret password. When a privileged account is used, checkout is through the PAM system which validates how long a user can use the account, logs the checkout for audit and changes the super-user account password before revealing the password to the user. Once the authorised time has expired, the system takes the account back, changing the password to another secret value and storing it in the vault. This delivers maximum possible security.
In addition to individual permissions, PAM is used to manage service accounts (used, for example, to interact with an operating system), application accounts (for example, to run a batch job or script) and database accounts (used, for example, to modify a database schema).
Why Comtact for PAM?
At Comtact we work with Thycotic to prevent data breaches and protect your organisation’s most critical assets. We help you achieve a number of key benefits from the Thycotic PAM solution.
Manage super-admin passwords
We provide the secure vault for all passwords protected by encryption to randomly generate passwords for the data being accessed. This adds a ring-of-steel around all administrator passwords, making it more difficult for hackers to get in.
Secure privileged passwords
You can choose whether to generate random passwords or rotate the current password set, manually or automatically. This means that when a user requires access, a new password is generated each time. This password expires immediately upon exit thus guaranteeing the security and integrity of the data.
Maintain audit and IT compliance
We record and report on password requests and transactions throughout the system, offering multiple reports including asset, compliance, vulnerability and privilege to help you maintain IT compliance.
Manage non-employee access
Some of our clients need to provide access to trusted third parties for maintenance and updates of specific systems. We enable you to provide access to these systems by role so you don’t need to provide domain credentials to outsiders.
Detect multiple access
Our system detects and then grants targeted and separate access if more than one person enters the same area. This means that we always know who has been using the system.
Control privilege creep
Privilege creep is unnecessary and can allow unaudited rights to data and applications. This can happen for many reasons including inadequate processes for employee offboarding. Our PAM solution helps control this.
Multiple access points
The number of people requesting access points from laptops, phones and tablets is growing daily. Our solution allows for access to non-local devices.
Key services and benefits
Comtact works with Thycotic to offer its full suite of PAM services as outlined below. We have in-depth knowledge and experience of deploying bespoke PAM solutions for our clients to create the most secure, efficient and affordable privilege access environments.
- Secret Server makes it easy to manage privileged access security and password protection though a range of key functions.
- Establish vault: set granular permissions, users and structure.
- Discover privileges: identify accounts to curb privilege sprawl.
- Manage secrets: provision and rotate credentials, and ensure password complexity.
- Delegate access: implement role-based access control (RBAC) and approval workflows.
- Control sessions: launch, monitor and record sessions.
- Protect Unix: manage SSH (secure shell) keys and command whitelisting.
- Privilege Manager is a powerful approach to manage endpoint privilege elevation and application control.
- Deploy agents: discover applications and processes on all endpoints.
- Implement least-privilege policy: remove privileges, control groups and credentials.
- Define policies: create granular application whitelists, blacklists and greylists.
- Elevate applications: approve applications with policy-driven controls.
- Improve productivity: allow people to use tools without requiring admin rights.
- Cloud Access Controller providers powerful protection for your cloud assets.
- Secure cloud access: ensure infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and software-as- a-service (SaaS) users have necessary privileges.
- Establish granular role-based account control: define what each user can click, read or modify within any web app.
- Manage accounts: separate roles and duties on standard and shared accounts.
- Record web sessions: view video recordings of sensitive actions.
- Implement intelligent blocking: Detect unusual behaviour and block unauthorised access.
- Account Lifecycle Manager establishes control over service account sprawl.
- Establish workflow: get started with simple templates and easy customisations.
- Delegate ownership: create users, groups and role-based permissions.
- Provision service accounts: automate provisioning and setting approval requirements.
- Enforce governance: create accountability and ownership.
- Decommission service accounts: send alerts for renewal, re-approval and deprovisioning.
- Privileged Behavior Analytics proactively detect breaches and prevents data theft.
- Establish baselines: understand behaviour patterns to detect red flags.
- Monitor and identify: view and prioritise account activity in custom dashboards.
- Identify and alert: confirm suspicious activity and alert incident response teams.
- Contain impact: rotate credentials, force multi-factor authentication (MFA) and require approvals.
- Remote Access Control is a powerful approach to enforce zero trust for remote workers and third parties.
- Secure remote access: set granular permissions, users and structure.
- Grant third-party permissions: allow vendors and contractors to access IT resources.
- Connect through a browser: avoid opening ports to the public internet.
- Authenticate: grant remote workers secure access with MFA.
- Audit: report activity in a central portal to ensure policy compliance.
- Connection Manager offers unified management of multiple remote sessions.
- Remote access: launch and configure sessions across multiple environments.
- Session management: inject credentials into sessions automatically.
- Centralised control: access one interface to manage sessions.
- Session recording: create end-to-end record of privileged user activity.
- Tracking and auditing: provide audit trail to demonstrate compliance.
- DevOps Secrets Vault offers cloud password protection at DevOps speed and scale.
- Establish a secure vault: store credentials in an encrypted vault.
- Centralise secrets: eliminate disparate vault instances across DevOps and robotic process automation (RPA) environments.
- Automate and scale: choose your automated interface, whether command line interface (CLI) or application programming interface (API).
- Manage secrets for IaaS: remove standing access to critical cloud infrastructure.
- Issue certificates: automate the signing of leaf certificates.
- Database Access Controller offers granular control and MFA for databases.
- Secure databases: control web access to databases.
- Manage privileged users: enforce access levels, provide time-based access.
- Verify identity: see who is accessing databases and govern access.
- Authenticate: manage authorisation and auditing for a full-session, layered MFA.
- Audit: detect unusual behaviour and block unauthorised access.
What makes Comtact different?
We’re easy to deal with
We’re highly responsive, from your very first enquiry.
We are always here for you (even at 3am) and will work at your pace.
We set you up for success
We get to know you intimately.
We customise to your needs.
We align to your KPIs.
We deliver to your information governance requirements.
We’re vendor independent
We always aim to give you solution choices and can connect suitable vendors under one straightforward agreement with aligned SLA’s.
We’re your guardian angel
We’re watching over you at all times.
We react to incidents at speed.
We’re “always on” and never 9-to-5.
Our expertise is cutting edge
With a breadth of knowledge.
And a passion for cybertech.
We work as family
You’ll know us by name.
An extension of your team.
We care deeply.
Our pricing is transparent
We price-match competitors.
With clear, scalable packages.
And flexible subscriptions.
Get in touch
Learn more about how Comtact privileged access management solutions could benefit your business.
Complete the form for a prompt response from our team.